If you’re a little bored with grandma’s cranberry sauce, spice up your Thanksgiving Dinner with this Concord Grape Chutney instead! It’s an easy recipe and yields enough to use throughout the holiday season.
- COOK: 35 mins
This recipe yields about 4, 5 ounce jars.
- 3 pounds concord grapes
- 3 1/4 cups granulated-sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla-extract
- 4 teaspoon aged sherry vinegar
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom ground
- In a small sauce pan, add grapes, 3 cups sugar and vanilla.
- Simmer until all sugar is dissolved.
- Strain through a sieve.
- Mash grapes and skins so all juice, color and flavor gets pressed through. * The skins have natural pectin for thickening.
- Once pressed, discard remaining skins and seeds. Reserve mixture.
- Simmer, in another sauce pan, sherry vinegar, 1/4 cup sugar, raisins and cardamom for 2-3 minutes, so raisins plump.
- Add this mixture to the concord grape mixture.
- Mix well and divide into jars to cool.
- Cover and keep in your refrigerator. This chutney last up to 6 months.